WHY DOES JPM MAKE THE EXTENSION GUSSETS REMOVABLE?
REMOVABLE gussets have many advantages.
- Easy to install: Snap-on + screws
- Can be installed or not, depending on the users' needs
- Compatible with sideboards 350 or 400 mm high
- Very easy to replace if damaged
- Made of stainless steel, unpainted
- Equivalent strength to a welded gusset: The work is done from the inside out
Why replace welded gussets?
Throughout its lifespan, a welded gusset is put under many stresses:
When it’s manufactured
- A welded gusset can be significantly deformed during the welding process, preventing the extension from being correctly installed
- A welded gusset is more difficult to paint, so there may be paint gaps, especially on the inside
When it’s in use
- A welded gusset is required for all of the tipper’s users, even for the 85% of users who do not use extensions (and with them, extension gussets).
- An extension gusset can damage the tipper’s load, e.g. the bags, by piercing them.
- When loading the tipper, they can get caught or twisted... Very few tippers more than 2 years old still have gussets in good condition
- A welded gusset limits the user to one sideboard height: 350mm.
- A welded gusset is not always able to receive a plank: There is often not enough space for the thickness of the plank
When it’s being repaired
Repairing a welded gusset is quite cumbersome: You have to remove the damaged gusset, weld a new one on, and finally repaint.
The REMOVABLE extension gusset is therefore the flexible, practical solution that can be tailored to the needs of ALL tipper users.